If you choose our school for your child you can assist us by providing us with a completed enrolment form as soon as possible (these are available at the school office). This will enable us to plan ahead for a smooth and successful transition into school.
Once your enrolment is received and accepted (please see zone information below for further details) we will post to you a confirmation letter which will include dates for your pre-school child to visit their classroom. These visits are usually scheduled for the three Wednesday’s prior to your child’s 5th birthday. 5 year olds may commence school on the day of their 5th birthday. We will require a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate, Immunisation Certificate and a completed Well Child form to complete the enrolment.
The board now invites applications from parents who wish to enrol their sons and daughters at Windsor North School for 2019.
Enrolment at the school is governed by an enrolment scheme, details of which are available via the WNS Enrolment Zone link at the bottom of this page.
Enrolment forms are available from the school office or via the Enrolment Form link at the bottom of this page.
The deadline for receipt of applications for out of zone places is October 2018.
Parents of students who live within the home zone should also apply by this date to assist the school to plan appropriately for next year. Students who live in the home zone are entitled to enrol at the school.
There are likely to be limited spaces available for out of zone students next year. The exact number of places will depend on the number of applications received from students who live within the school’s home zone.
Applications from out of zone students will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school:
- Second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school:
- Third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school:
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school:
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school:
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants
If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot is required it will be held in October 2016. Parents will be informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.
Please call the school office on 217 8819 if you wish to discuss enrolment.
Click the links below for a zone map, enrolment form or the Ministry of Education site:
Please note that only properties INSIDE the black line are in zone.