If you choose our school for your child you can assist us by providing us with a completed enrolment form as soon as possible. This will enable us to plan ahead for a smooth and successful transition to school. We ask that all enrolments be submitted by September of the year prior to your child’s 5th birthday. The deadline for receipt of applications for out of zone places will be advertised in the local newspaper. Enrolment forms are available at the school office or via the Enrolment Form link at the bottom of this page.
Once your enrolment is received and accepted (please see enrolment scheme information below for further details) we will post to you a confirmation letter which will include dates for your child to visit their classroom. These visits are usually scheduled for the three Wednesdays prior to your child’s 5th birthday. Children may commence school on the day of their 5th birthday. We will require a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and Immunisation Certificate to complete the enrolment.
Enrolment Scheme Information
Enrolment at our school is governed by an enrolment scheme, which includes an enrolment zone (please see the WNS Enrolment Zone link at the bottom of this page).
Students who live in our enrolment zone have automatic entitlement to attend our school. Parents of these students should submit an enrolment form as soon as possible to assist the school to plan appropriately for the next year. They must also provide us with confirmation of address (preferably a current electricity account).
There may be a small number of places offered to out of zone students each year. The exact number of places will depend on the number of applications received from students who live in the school’s enrolment zone and will be advertised in the local newspaper.
Applications from out of zone students will be processed in the following order of priority:
- first priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school
- second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school
- third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school
- fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school
- fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school
- sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot is required it will be held in October. Parents will be informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.
Please call the school office on 217 8819 if you wish to discuss enrolment.
Click the links below for a zone map, enrolment form or the Ministry of Education site:
Please note that only properties INSIDE the black line are in zone.